Office Manager: Accepting Applications Now Until January 31, 2017
Voices for Racial Justice seeks an Office Manager to support the work of our multiracial, multicultural team of organizers, trainers, and advocates in our day to day work by maintaining an office environment that ensures a high level of organizational effectiveness. The Office Manager works in collaboration with colleagues who share a commitment to building leadership among people of color and American Indians for racial justice.
As with all of our work at Voices, we offer the space to grow professionally and think creatively about our contribution to the movement.
- Bookkeeping, including invoicing and paying bills.
- Human resources support, including submitting payroll documentation, tracking vacation and sick time, coordinating benefits, and referencing personnel policies.
- Support the executive director and the board, including scheduling and board communications.
- Support financial reporting related to grants funding.
- Database management.
- Donations tracking and generating donor communications.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties, including general office maintenance, mailing, ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, and technical support.
- Support organization events with planning, logistical help, and other tasks as needed.
- Answer phones and greet visitors. Maintain a welcoming environment.
- At least one year of experience as an office manager or administrative assistant.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Word and Excel), Quick Books, and Google Drive.
- Experience with bookkeeping/accounting.
- Experience with office technology, such as phone systems, video conferencing, and printer.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to being part of a team in the movement for racial justice.
Work Environment/Additional Information:
Voices for Racial Justice fosters a collaborative working environment where clear communication and respect are essential for advancing our shared vision for racial justice. We maintain a high level of accountability to each other and to our community partners. We practice a balance of commitment to the work with flexibility, which means sometimes attending meetings and events in the evenings and on weekends. Most of all, we share a drive to advance racial justice in Minnesota and beyond.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to Vina Kay, Executive Director at email@example.com by January 31, 2017.
Voices for Racial Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. People of color are encouraged to apply.