Seeking an Administrative Assistant
Voices for Racial Justice is a 25-year-old organization with the mission to advance racial, cultural, social and economic justice in Minnesota through organizer training, policy research, and strategic convening and campaigns.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our multiracial, multicultural team by managing day-to-day office tasks; supporting logistics for trainings, meetings, and events; assisting the Executive Director with scheduling and communications; and supporting the fundraising efforts of the organization. The Administrative Assistant should be a clear and effective writer and verbal communicator, have excellent time management skills, and be able to multi-task and prioritize needs clearly and consistently. The Administrative Assistant works closely in collaboration with the Finance Manager and Executive Director, as well as with colleagues who share a commitment to building leadership among people of color and American Indians for racial justice.
- Office: Manage day-to-day office needs, including supplies, mailing, and contacting support for maintaining equipment and technical needs. Be a welcoming presence in the office.
- Events and Meetings: Lead logistics of Voices events and meetings, including invitations, setting space, coordinating food, and other details, working in collaboration with the team in ensuring events are well-coordinated and welcoming spaces. Play a key role in logistics for a 25thanniversary celebration in late 2018.
- Fundraising: Support grassroots donations strategy, including tracking donors, generating donor communications, developing and coordinating giving campaigns, and supporting Executive Director in donor relations.
- Database management: coordinate the development and tracking of our racial justice network of community collaborators, which includes alumni, organizers, and organizational partners, by ensuring our Kindful database is up to date and reflective of these relationships.
- Communications: Work in collaboration with the Executive Director to disseminate newsletter and other communications.
- Scheduling: Support the Executive Director in scheduling meetings, generating communications, and setting travel and other arrangements.
- Board: Supports the Board by scheduling and preparing for meetings, as well as providing minutes.
- Media: Collect and archive any media about Voices for Racial Justice and maintain an accurate list of media contacts.
- At least one year of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Word and Excel) and Google Drive.
- Experience with office technology, such as phone systems, video conferencing, and copier/printer.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Commitment to being part of a team in the movement for racial justice.
Work Environment/Additional Information:
Voices for Racial Justice fosters a collaborative working environment where clear communication and respect are essential for advancing our shared vision for racial justice. We maintain a high level of accountability to each other and to our community partners. We practice a balance of commitment to the work with flexibility, which means sometimes attending meetings and events in the evenings and on weekends. Most of all, we share a drive to advance racial justice in Minnesota and beyond.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to Vina Kay, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org August 31, 2018. Reference “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Learn more about our organization at voicesforracialjustice.org.
Voices for Racial Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. People of color and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.